Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

My FCBD 2010 Side Trip


Initially, I intended to cover every comic book store that participated May 1st's Free Comic Book Day. But my plans changed so I limited myself to Comic Odyssey in Ortigas. Hello, Iron Man 2!

My friend and I went to Makati after the FCBD at Comic Odyssey, so we took a side trip to Planet X in Glorietta to see how their celebration was. We got there around 6 PM, at which time there were no longer free comics and no line of comic book fans waiting to get in the store. There were just a few people looking through the back issue bins, which were on sale at PHP 50.00 each. I wasted no time in going through them myself and picked up these 5 issues of Black Widow: Black Widow Deadly Origin 2 & 4, and Black Widow The Things They Say About Her 2, 3, and 6.

After chit-chatting for a bit with the store peeps as I paid for my purchases, my friend and I went on our way. Mcdonalds beckoned.