Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

BACKLOG BLUES: My Loot From Various Conventions And Sales from 2011

I've gone to a few conventions, sales and events last year, and some of them I have posted about here. Some, to this day, have remained unblogged. A lot of these are my pulls, or as I like to refer to them- hauls-. So here they, in no particular order:

2011 TOYCON: 

All are from Php 20.00 bins except for X-men: Omega. I got that from the Php 50.00 bin. I can't remember if I bought any toys though. I better check my files again.



FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2011/ COMIC ODYSSEY SALE:

I can't remember if I wasn't able to get free comics last year, but I know I got these at the Php 50.00 back issue bins.



KOMIKON 2011:

I got a lot of stuff at this convention, all of from the Php 20.00 bins of Comic Odyssey. I got a lot of great stuff, but I consider the Marvel X-men Collection to be my best finds. I've always wanted these when they came out back in the 90's, but they were quite expensive for a kid who depended on his allowance to buy comics. There were 2 bins there that had multiples of all three issues of these books that feature art from the 1992 Jim Lee X-men trading card set (which by the way, I have a complete set of). There is one set that I'm kicking myself for not getting though: the Angela mini-series. There were lots of those and I forgot to get some of them. 








THE SUMMER KOMIKON 2011:

I think this was the first time it was held at the Bayanihan Center in Pasig City. I got me this Excalibur issue that's part of the Phalanx covenant, a local indie called Aswang Files, and John Woo's 7 Brothers. I fell in love with the cover art so I bought them, they were only Php 20.00 each anyways. Excalibur was Php 50.00 and the Aswang Files, I think, was also Php 50.00.






METROCON 2011:

Didn't get me a lot of stuff at this convention, because I think most of the stuff on my want list were'nt available. If I remember correctly, Metrocon 2011 happened on the same day af 2011's FCBD. My fave from this bunch is the Stan Lee's Just Imagine: Wonder Woman. I love his take on the WW mythos.



RANDOM HAUL: 

I think I got these from Filbar's in Megamall. Both we're Php 50.00 each.




My best find was the  Marvels hardbound edition from National Bookstore, which I found on a table outside the store as I was leaving the venue. I got it for only Php 99.00! 




Well, |I think that's it for 2011. There may be some other random hauls from my trips to comic book shops that I haven't posted here. If i do find them, I'll compile them into another post. But before that, I'll be posting some stuff from 2010 that I think I've neglected to post. Like the title says, BACK LOG. -_-