Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

BARGAIN BIN FIND: ES: Eternal Sabbath Vol 2


I found this while my friends and I were strolling in SM Pampanga the other day, after going to the Hot Air Balloon Festival in Clark. We were walking around the mall when we passed by National Bookstore which had some tables outside the store with tables laden with marked down books. We bee-lined to the table that had mostly manga on it, and started going through the piles. My friends didn't find anything, but I found this.

The book originally retailed for Php 395.00, and I got it for the very sweet price of Php 75.00! A total steal, considering all the pages are intact and the book looks good overall save for a bit of wear on the cover and back's edges.


ES: Eternal Sabbath is an 8-volume manga series written by Fuyumi Soryo. It tells the tale of two boys with telepathic powers who were bred in a lab by scientists that were developing a special gene for immortality. Both boys were bred specifically to be observed and be guinea pigs; but only one was meant to live and the other was bred to be dissected. The original, Japanese manga was published by Kodansha and the English Language version by Del Rey.

I got into this manga when I found volumes 3 and 4 in a sale pile at a National Bookstore branch in Quezon City. I have since found volume 5 at another sale bin in National Bookstore at SM North Edsa. So now I have volumes 2, 3, 4, and 5. The hunt is still on for the rest. Hopefully, they're in a bargain bin somewhere waiting for me to find them.