Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Zenescope To Publish Charmed


TV's hit supernatural drama Charmed is making a comeback-- in comic book form. I've just gotten confirmation by reading on Newsarama that Zenescope Entertainment has acquired the publishing rights for the TV show. OHMYGOD! I LOVE YOU ZENESCOPE!!! Check out the beautiful  cover of the first issue!

Charmed is one of my all-time favorite TV shows, and I think it's about time that a comic book about them gets published. I hope they include my favorite character Prue, who was killed at the end of season 3.

Dave Hoover will be penciling, while the story telling will be shared by Paul Ruditis and Raven Gregory. This comic book series is said to feature a brand new storyline about the Halliwell sisters Piper, Phoebe and Paige--which picks up where the show left off in it's final season. How they're going to do that is actually very interesting, because the final scenes of that series finale showed a very old Piper Halliwell telling the stories of the Charmed Ones to her grand children. That aside, I am so excited to see how this turns out.

Issue #0 comes out this June, and the first issue debuts this July at the San Diego Comic Con.

See the model sheets for the characters here.